The chicken coxinha is a delicious snack very famous in Brazil, which is often found in cafeterias, children's parties, and small get-togethers, this wonder is certainly one of the most loved snacks by Brazilians, because every time is a good time. to eat a delicious chicken coxinha.
I've made this recipe myself several times and in several different situations, sometimes for my children's, nephews' and even my goddaughter's birthdays, sometimes for a small get-together with friends too, but the best of all is that it's always been the biggest success and there is no mistake, just follow the step by step and you will surely receive many compliments.
So, if you also enjoy a delicious coxinha that you want to eat a lot of, how about taking the opportunity and learn how to prepare this delicious chicken coxinha that will surely be a big hit in your house? Did you like the idea? So check out the full recipe below and don't waste any more time and guarantee a special snack.
- 2 liters of water
- 1 kg of sifted wheat flour
- 2 chicken broths
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 shallow spoon of salt
- 1 spoon of coloring
- 1 kg of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- chopped red pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Colorific to taste
- oil or olive oil
- 2 claras
- 1 liter of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
- 2 kg of bread flour
- In a pan, add the water (preferably the water that cooked the chicken), the two chicken stocks, the margarine, the salt and the coloring agent.
- Leave the mixture on the fire until it boils.
- After boiling, add the sifted flour and, with the help of a wooden spoon, keep stirring until the dough comes off the pan.
- Remove from heat and place on a smooth surface greased with margarine.
- Let it cool and knead the dough constantly so it doesn't form a crust.
- In a pan with oil or olive oil, add the crushed garlic, chopped red pepper and chopped onion, fry everything until golden, add the cooked and shredded chicken breast and sauté for a few minutes. Add salt and coloring agent.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley, mix well and let it cool.
- Spread some butter on your hands, take a portion of the dough (depending on the desired size of the coxinha), form a ball and with the help of your index finger, make a cavity in the dough.
- Place a portion of the stuffing and close by pinching the mouth of the cavity with the inside of your thumb and forefinger.
- Mix the water and the whites, beat with the help of a fork for a few minutes, add the salt to the wheat flour and beat until the flour balls disappear.
- Pass the ready drumsticks through this mixture, remove the excess and pass through the wheat flour.
- After you finish breading the drumsticks, repeat the operation.
- In a pan or deep pan, put enough oil to cover the drumstick, let it heat up well (190º to 200º C) and fry the drumsticks little by little so that the oil does not cool, which can cause the drumsticks to crack.
- Wait for it to brown well, drain and enjoy.
Additional information about the chicken drumstick
This recipe is super delicious with a sauce after it's ready.
- Average preparation time: 180 minutes
- Average yield: 50 servings
Now that you have learned how to make this wonderful and simple chicken coxinha, how about knowing other very tasty and practical recipes that we have here on the blog My Recipes? We have many options for snacks, treats and other delicious delicacies to make your day better.