Chickpea Snacks: Known as chickpeas or chickpeas, chickpeas are a popular legume in the Mediterranean, Middle East and India. However, little by little, it became present in the lives of Brazilians, because of its numerous health benefits and nut-like flavor.
In addition, the legume has several minerals, such as magnesium and potassium, in its composition. Therefore, it makes it a great contributor to improving heart health.
Its soluble fibers also help to combat the harm to heart health, as the fibers reduce triglycerides and blood levels. LDL cholesterol that are not good for your health. This type of cholesterol accumulates in the walls of blood vessels, increasing the chances of developing heart attacks or strokes.
So, do you want to improve your health and, in addition, delight yourself? Below, we will explain, through our super recipe, which does not contain gluten or lactose, how to prepare delicious chickpea snacks, rich in minerals and carbohydrates.
Chickpea Snacks Recipe
– 1 cup (tea) of dry chickpeas
– 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
– 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
– 1 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika – Salt and Black Pepper to taste
– 1 and 1/2 Cup (tea) of Wholemeal Rice Flour
Preparation of Chickpea Snacks:
1. Soak the chickpeas for 12 hours in water with 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon.
2. Place the drained chickpeas in the pressure cooker with 4 cups of water and place over medium heat. Let it get pressure and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it cool and the pressure comes off.
3. Drain the chickpeas well and mix in a container with the oil and seasonings.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for approximately 30 minutes, remembering to turn the beans after 15 minutes (or until golden in your oven).
5. Serve the Chickpea Snacks afterwards and have a good meal.
It's easy to add to the diet
Help with weight control is one of the factors for including the chickpeas to our diet. Its proteins have properties that help in the production of hormones that reduce appetite, preserving satiety even more.
In addition, the grain is beneficial in the fight against diabetes. Its properties contribute to the control of blood sugar, because when consumed we have a delay in the absorption of carbohydrates, which maintains the healthy level of diabetic people.
It is important to comment on another legume benefit, the help in fighting some types of cancer. Outstanding among them, we have the colon. Vitamins C, vitamins E and antioxidants contribute to making this grain a good food to reduce the risk of cancer.
Finally, we have the improvement in mood. Tryptophan, an amino acid present in legumes, helps in the production of serotonin - a neurotransmitter responsible for coordinating mood, in addition to other functions.
If you liked the Chickpea Snacks recipe, enjoy and check out other recipes that use healthy grains like this one. We have many options on our blog, including delights like our homemade soy milk. Now that you've learned how to make this delicious Flaxseed Bread, how about getting to know other very tasty and practical recipes that we have here on the blog My Recipes? We have many options for snacks, treats and other delicious delicacies to make your day better.